We’ve just caught up on Rachel Lovinger’s 2015 Confab Central presentation: Metadata is a love note to the future. In it, she looks at a number of ways in which metadata benefits the consumers of today and those of the future. It’s an essential slide deck for anyone wondering:
- what is metadata and where it comes from
- how metadata sorts out the content mess by adding context and enabling connections (and sales)
- why you should fill in all those pesky data fields
- what are the challenges around creating metadata
- what value/risk structured information brings to a business and its customers
- about the history of the internet (and where your Posterous or Friendster content went).
View the slideshow
Here’s the embedded presentation – well worth a view, especially for content strategists, web editors and technical communicators who have regular touchpoints with metadata for businesses but for whom it is not the main focus.