Catch up on our regular roundup of industry links, professional development and training insights, and interesting reads across the spectrum of digital communications.
Here’s what we’ve been reading over the past month, from writing errors to the importance of metadata to successful technical writing.
Content – creation, strategy, sharing
- Deutsch CTO Explains Why Content Will Drive VR, and Where It Will Be in 5 Years (AdWeek)
- Some Writing Mistakes Just Aren’t OK: Our 8 Biggest Content Pet Peeves (Acrolinx)
- The Metadata is Bigger Than the Data (Analecta)
- Metadata Basics for Web Content: The Unification of Structured Data and Content (Michael Andrews/ebook)
UX / design
- Mastering Technical Communication Leadership (The Content Wrangler)
- Findability in Documentation (Write The Docs/podcast)
- How do you learn what you need to learn to be successful as a technical writer?
Recruitment and professional development
Image: (CC) Michael Mol / Flickr