Our client, a global company in medical imaging, with R&D and support centres located worldwide, is looking for a contract English technical writer in the Paris region. The role will begin in January 2018. The contracts are rolling, annually by calendar year.
As a member of the Technical Documentation team, your tasks will include:
- Communicating with the software team to analyse needs and plan documentation
- Identifying end user needs for products to be documented
- Creating/updating user guides in FrameMaker
- Creating/updating online help in Robohelp
Your audience will be technical product users and similar technically qualified readers. All material must be written with a view to localization.
You must be an EU citizen or hold a regular work permit for France.
You must live in Paris during this contract – no teleworking will be permitted by the client.
We require at least five years experience in producing software documentation. You have strong experience in FrameMaker and RoboHelp, and have writing experience in either software or hardware documentation. French is not a requirement for this role, but would be a plus.
In addition, we are looking for someone who:
- Has outstanding communication and writing skills in English
- Can coordinate with other teams in the publishing process: development, localisation…
- Can work as a member of a global and international team
- Is independent and autonomous
- Can work under pressure, prioritise tasks, and keep to tight deadlines
- Is able to take strong initiative
- Is highly organised
- Can learn new tools and skills as required
- Experience in the imaging industry would be a definite plus.
What we offer
- An informal, dynamic, and creative environment
- The opportunity to work with an innovative RD team
- Internal training
- Paris at your doorstep!
Rate: 320 Euro/day
To apply: If interested, please send your CV and an introductory note to CJ Walker at email@example.com, quoting job reference 05217