We are currently seeking an experienced contract technical author for a salaried role in our client’s automation and electrical distribution products groups in Grenoble, France. We require a proven track record of documenting technical procedures in English.
This role will be within our client’s Technical Documentation team, in relationship with their client.
You will write technical documents for automation and electrical distribution products.
- User guides
- Technical instructions
- Online help
- Various others, as required
You will coordinate the technical aspects of the project, as well as meeting tight deadlines, assuring the quality of documentation and assuming follow-up activities.
Your audience will be customer engineers and similar technically qualified readers. All material must be written in English.
You must be an EU citizen or hold a regular work permit for France.
In addition, we require:
- Strong background in technical documentation within highly technical subject matter: understanding of electromechnical engineering & automation is essential; you must be able to discuss issues with engineers.
- Native speaker of English not required but excellent mastery of the English language necessary.
- Very good knowledge of editing software, especially structured XML (Framemaker, Epic…)
- Ability to work according to objectives and manage deadlines.
- Willingness to take initiative, work independently and help the team achieve and improve best-practices
- Very good analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team-work skills
- Excellent writing abilities and a good dose of curiosity
What we offer
- Work with an exciting project in a company very well positioned in the electromechanic field
- Cutting-edge resources and technology to progress your technical communications skills
- A great work team environment!