Our client, a leader in search engine technology and innovative publishing software, is currently seeking a technical author to join their team of content specialists in a salaried role, starting with a CDI.
The client provides technical documentation (installation and configuration guides, etc.) and functional information (getting started guides, tutorials, etc.) and training materials about their products.
The position is based onsite in Lambesc, near Aix-en-Provence (13) in the south of France, in the Research and Development team.
Reporting to Head of Technical Communication and Training, you will be responsible for the following:
- Writing educational content (storytelling, tutorials, etc.) for users, demonstrating the added value of their technology solutions.
- Conceptualising and managing all end-user documentation for customers and technology partners, as well as internal collaborators.
- Proven strong written English skills
- Enough French to be able to communicate with developers and project leaders about your work
- Ability to structure and present written communication to pre-defined standards
- Understanding of the documentation life cycle
- Ability to accurately reformulate and adapt technical concepts for use by a general audience.
- Educational background with a higher degree (Masters or Doctorate) in science or technology-related fields desired
- Skilled in translating complex technical concepts for a general audience
- Information management technologies interest you: search engines, automated language processing, web portals in Linux and Mac environments
- You’re curious, rigorous and autonomous in your work
- You’re a team player and you know how to share your knowledge to the team’s benefit
- You’ve worked in a scientific or technical field and are interested in the field of intelligent content
- Understanding of the principles of structured technical documentation
- Beginners in the field of technical communication and its tools are encouraged to apply – this is a position for someone who wants to take advantage of an opportunity to fully invest himself or herself in a human-sized company that is growing rapidly
You must be an EU citizen or hold a regular work permit for France.
In addition we require:
- Strong commitment to growing your techcomm career while contributing to the growth of the company.
- Strong project management and organisational skills, able to manage multiple online projects in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
To apply, send your CV and a covering letter (in French or English) to CJ Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job reference FHSAS05218.