We are currently seeking a web designer to contribute to an upgrade-to-responsive project for a small company’s website. This role will be within the existing web team, working under the guidance of the web manager, creating design specifications in WordPress for the developer.
This role is a contract position, approx 30 hours, beginning in April 2017.
The existing website is in WordPress, with customised templates. Your job will be to customise a design for a new, responsive theme. The developer will use your design specifications to migrate the exisiting site to a responsive design. The current webiste is using more than one WP theme – will require redesign of some elements to fit into the new responsive parametres.
You must be an EU citizen or hold a regular work permit for France or the UK.
In addition we require:
- Strong background in website design, UX principles.
- A focus on simplicity and appealing visuals.
- You must be able to discuss design issues with programmers.
- WordPress and themes, CSS.
- English speaker.
- At least five years experience in the field.
- The ability to work according to objectives and manage deadlines remotely.
- A willingness to take initiative, work independently and help the team achieve best-practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-work skills.
What we offer
- A flexible working environment, including the ability to work remotely.
- Work with an exciting company, who really enjoy what they’re doing.