Take your DIY mobile app-building skills to the next level for beginners.
This second workshop on mobile app-building extends what you learned in ‘The basics’ by bringing in data operations. You will learn about the different databases that ViziApps supports, including Google Drive spreadsheets for surprisingly powerful data storage and retrieval, and how to connect your app to those databases. We’ll also shortly be adding our third and final workshop offering more advanced features and learning.
What you’ll learn
In this second session, we review app development basics and look at the kind of data features that you might find useful for your business apps, for example, to track customer contacts at a trade show or to create a tourism app that lets users not only find out where to eat but even add restaurant listings themselves.
Your app is getting more powerful!
ViziApps interface review
- Discussion of app examples that use data
- Overview of ViziApps’ Interface
Extending the app for data handling
- Review of the button, label, and text field fields
- Adding pages to the basic app for data entry, retrieval, modification, and deletion
- Add a navigation page
- Overview of ViziApps’ database options – Google Drive, QuickBase, Salesforce.com, ODBC (SQL), and more
- Review of Google Drive
- Review of the API authentication (security) process
- Creating a database using Google Drive
- Setting the database access options
ViziApps database commands review
- ‘Select From’ database command for Google Drive
- ‘Insert Into’ database command for Google Drive
- ‘Update’ database command for Google Drive
- ‘Delete from’ database command for Google Drive
- Creating the four types of database commands
- Using the database commands to create alerts for user feedback
How you learn
This online course will be led by a ViziApps-certified trainer/consultant Neil Perlin of Hyper/Word Services, who will show you how bring your own mobile app ideas to life through training in the ViziApps Studio cloud-based authoring tool. Each workshop is held live via video conferencing software across set dates, or as required for in-house training. The workshop features presentations and exercises and lasts seven hours, with breaks. It will take you from novice to basic app developer. Post-workshop support will be also available immediately after the course.
Who is this course for?
This session is suitable for:
- technical communicators and companies wanting to take their user information mobile by using a mobile app
- digital marketers, content professionals and entrepreneurs looking to bring their app ideas to fruition
- beginners with no knowledge of coding who want to understand more about app-building.
About the trainer
Neil Perlin is an internationally known consultant, strategist, trainer and developer for online content in formats ranging from online help to mobile.
He is Viziapps Certified for the Viziapps Studio app development platform and has provided training and consulting for ViziApps since the company’s founding. Neil is also Madcap Certified for Flare and Mimic and Adobe Certified for RoboHelp.
He is the author of multiple books, most recently Advanced Features in MadCap Flare 10 and Creating Mobile Apps Without Coding. Neil is also the author of three courses for Lynda.com, on MadCap Flare 11 and 12, and Adobe RoboHelp 2015
How much does it cost? How do I sign up?
Each six-hour e-learning workshop costs €199 (or £199 for UK residents). Simply email us today at email@example.com to arrange your course and for payment details. Or please do get in touch if you need further help or information.