Get started in app-building with our rapid DIY mobile app development course for beginners.
Ever wanted to create your own business apps but not had the budget, skills or resource? This course allows you to overcome these barriers with a no-coding-required course in basic app-building.
Held in conjunction with our training partner Neil Perlin of Hyper/Word Services, we will show you how bring your own mobile app ideas to life through training in the ViziApps Studio cloud-based authoring tool.
We’ll also be adding two follow-up workshops in creating mobile apps without coding, which will provide further progression and more advanced features and learning.
What you’ll learn
In this first session, you’ll get a sense of various app types and uses, basic design issues and an overview of the ViziApps Studio authoring tool. By the end, you’ll have created a simple but functional app featuring multiple pages, an email link and a link to your company’s home page. These can be used to:
- showcase your business
- boost client loyalty or bring in new clients
- add new revenue streams
- conveniently provide documentation and information to readers when they’re in the field
- extend your documentation or business content’s capabilities.
How you learn
This online course will be led by a ViziApps-certified trainer/consultant and held live via video conferencing software across set dates, or as required for in-house training. The workshop features presentations and exercises and lasts six hours, with breaks. It will take you from novice to basic app developer. Post-workshop support will be also available immediately after the course.
Who is this course for?
This session is suitable for:
- technical communicators and companies wanting to take their user information mobile by using a mobile app
- digital marketers, content professionals and entrepreneurs looking to bring their app ideas to fruition
- beginners with no knowledge of coding who want to understand more about app-building.
About the trainer
Neil Perlin is an internationally known consultant, strategist, trainer and developer for online content in formats ranging from online help to mobile.
He is Viziapps Certified for the Viziapps Studio app development platform and has provided training and consulting for ViziApps since the company’s founding. Neil is also Madcap Certified for Flare and Mimic and Adobe Certified for RoboHelp.
He is the author of multiple books, most recently Advanced Features in MadCap Flare 10 and Creating Mobile Apps Without Coding. Neil is also the author of three courses for Lynda.com, on MadCap Flare 11 and 12, and Adobe RoboHelp 2015
Introduction to mobile
- what is ‘mobile’?
- why go mobile?
- graphical user interface (GUI) tools in general and ViziApps specifically
Design concepts and the ViziApps interface
- basic app design concepts
- overview of ViziApps’ interface
- paper prototyping
Basic app creation
- introduction to non-data elements
- creating app pages
- adding page navigation
- adding and formatting text on a page
- creating an email link
- creating a link to an external web page
- overview of publishing
- publishing to public app stores
- publishing to private app stores
- using ViziApps’ Instant Publishing feature
How much does it cost? How do I sign up?
Each six-hour e-learning workshop costs €199 (or £199 for UK residents). Simply email us today at email@example.com to arrange your course and for payment details. Or please do get in touch if you need further help or information.