Future-proof your content for multichannel and omnichannel while improving user experience.
Single-source, multichannel content – also known as COPE (create once, publish everywhere) – is the holy grail of digital publishing. To get there, brands have to move away from generic content and learn how to adapt content for more personalised, context-relevant delivery via applications, online, social media, wearable devices and more.
This two-day workshop, run in conjunction with our training partner Urbina Consulting, is designed for digital communicators who want to understand, use and scale adaptive content that will handle multi and even omnichannel needs.
This is one of the few workshop sessions available that can also future-proof attendees for advanced paradigms, such as wearable devices, multi-screen interactions, embedded user assistance, augmented reality and more.
What you’ll learn
In this practical session, you’ll learn a proven methodology of analysing and structuring your content so that you can create omnichannel, personalisation and automation-ready content – free from the restrictions of the browser.
You’ll walk away with:
- a solid sense of what structured, semantic content actually is and its relationship to adaptive content, multichannel and UX
- a grounding in the key concepts required to approach semantic content modelling
- the knowledge that your content is already more structured than you might realise
- templates and an analysis process you can use immediately after you get back to work.
About the trainer
Noz Urbina will be leading the training. Noz is a globally recognised content strategist and modeller. He’s well known as a pioneer in adaptive content modelling to support rich, personalised, and contextually relevant content across the user journey. In fact, if you search for ‘adaptive content’ you’ll probably see his definitions in Google’s Knowledge Graph.
He is also co-author of the book Content Strategy: Connecting the dots between business, brand, and benefits and recently wrote an excellent blog series for Firehead on adaptive content. Noz also teaches content modelling as a guest lecturer at the University of Graz, Austria.
How you learn
Adaptive content modelling is usually delivered as a two-day workshop, although other customised options are available by arrangement. Sessions can take place at your office or as part of an internal event you have already organised.
Learning is interactive so laptops (with Excel and Word installed) are required. The training includes hands-on exercises to help you model your own content in a future-proof way.
Who is this course for?
This session is suitable for:
- marketing communicators, technical communicators and user experience specialists
- content marketers looking at creating content at scale for a feasible cost
- managers keen to have a deeper understanding of going multi or omnichannel
- anyone responsible for preparing unstructured, generic content for personalised delivery across channels and devices.
Market context and business pressures
- Key concepts: Customer journey mapping, multidevice, multichannel, multi-screening, omnichannel, personalisation, contextualisation, taxonomy, metadata
- Content in four dimensions – rethinking how content is perceived by customers today; planning for geographic, device, time, context and person-specific delivery
- Customer journey maps
- Semantic content modelling
- Metadata and structure
- Semantics and SEO
- Taxonomy and adaptive content
- Building modular information products
- Breaking up traditional content and modelling semantically
- Documenting content models
- Making content adaptive with taxonomy mapping
Previous session feedback:
“The levels of professionalism, expertise, skill, and personal attention to detail were at a much higher level than any previous course I have attended” – Head of Content, Global Top 20 Bank
“Found the session really engaging, I feel I learnt a lot and the exercises really helped to illustrate the concepts. Noz is great” – Content Production Manager, Global Top 20 Bank
“I enjoyed the challenge to think outside the box and be honest about where our audience have pain points throughout their journeys while interacting with us” – Content Stakeholder, Global Top 20 Pharma Company
“This session will allow me to break down current content much more confidently into a format and method of delivery that benefits the audience” – 2016 session participant (finance industry)
“Noz is one of the best informed consultants in the industry, and his content personalisation workshop offers practical, timely guidance that enables organisations of all sizes to have omnichannel impact with their content investments” – Content Strategist, Microsoft
“I found my session with Noz educational, stimulating, and relevant to my work. It was a perfect match for fulfilling our needs for improving our current content model and will be great for developing a shared understanding of how we use it in our organisation” – Søren Weimann, Napatech
How do I sign up?
Contact us today to arrange your Adaptive content modelling workshop and to discuss costs and delivery options.
Our standard two-day workshop is based on a minimum of eight attendees (up to a maximum of 20), and takes place at your workplace or event, as required.
A customised version is also a popular option for many organisations. In this case, we work with you prior to the workshop to analyse the content you want to work on and then adapt our course and exercises to best suit your needs.
For a free initial chat or to find out more, please get in touch here.