Increase your productivity and publish across platforms and devices with Adobe® FrameMaker® 2017 Release.
This is a two-day introductory course designed for new users of Adobe FrameMaker, which has been approved by Adobe Technical Communication.
Contact us here to schedule your Learn FrameMaker 2017 training and discuss costs.
What you’ll learn
You’ll learn the theory behind using an authoring tool to organise and publish your content and receive practical training in how to create ‘nimble’ content that can be re-used in multiple products and viewed across multiple channels.
Specifically, you’ll explore how FrameMaker (2017 Release) can make your workflow more productive – how to set up a personalised workspace; add, style and format content; and publish multiple types of outputs. You’ll discover how to incorporate added functionality, such as cross-references, tables and graphics, and how to use ready-made, customisable templates that make setting up and creating your content quick and easy.
How you can learn
This Adobe FrameMaker training course includes live classroom training, either on-site at your location, or online via Adobe® Connect™. The course includes live demonstrations, explanations and activities to help you use FrameMaker as you learn.
You’ll also receive course materials that you can reference during the two-day training. These learning materials are yours to keep and refer to after you’ve completed the course.
This is a two-day introductory course, approved by Adobe, and aimed at first-time users of Adobe FrameMaker. It is suitable for technical writers, techcomm professionals, digital content strategists and multichannel content marketers, e-publishing authors or anyone interested in getting to grips with this latest release of digital publishing software.
Day 1: organising your content for digital publishing
We’ll discuss organising content around topics and structure with examples of how the 2017 version of FrameMaker helps you re-use content for multiple outputs/products/users. We’ll look at how creating topics allows for flexible publishing. We’ll discuss planning for content transition to FrameMaker. We’ll have a practice session in which you create a plan for importing your content into FrameMaker as topics, rather than long documents.
Also on Day 1, we’ll explore the FrameMaker (2017 Release) interface and begin adding and formatting content.
Day 2: improving productivity and adding customisation
We’ll focus on additional functionality within FrameMaker to improve productivity while adding content elements, such as table of contents, conditional text, variables, cross-references, and so on. We’ll also learn how to work with master pages and page elements such as headers and footers. Finally, we’ll explore multichannel publishing and how to customise for each publishing option.
- Discuss authoring modes: structured versus unstructured content and XML
- Learn to create ‘nimble’ content that can go anywhere
- Learn to create ‘nimble’ content that can be re-used
- Outline a plan for importing ‘nimble’ content into FrameMaker
- Explore FrameMaker interface and screen elements
- Set up a personalised workspace
- Start with templates
- Import graphics and text (including importing from Microsoft Word)
- Use paragraph designer to format paragraphs
- Use character designer
- Create and edit variables for often-used content
- Use table designer to create and customise tables
- Add conditional rows and columns to tables
- Create and edit cross-references and hyperlinks
- Add conditional text
- Insert footnotes
- Edit master pages
- Create anchored frames
- Edit reference pages
- Create running headers and footers
- Create a mini table of contents (TOC)
- Create books files from individual documents
- Create a book TOC
- Create an index
- Customise options for multichannel publishing in PDF, HTML, mobile, WebHelp and more.
BONUS topics and materials
- Work smarter with FrameMaker shortcuts
- Explore bi-directional authoring and publishing
- Learn how FrameMaker supports DITA
- Generate shareable social media widgets with out-of-the box support
- Insert and edit MathML equations.
How do I sign up?
Contact us today to schedule your Learn FrameMaker 2017 training and discuss costs. We can adapt our course delivery depending on your needs, so please get in touch for a free initial chat.
This course is approved by Adobe® Technical Communication. FrameMaker® is part of the Adobe Technical Communication Suite.