There’s nothing like a content marketer fresh out of a content marketing conference when it comes to creating conference content. Well, except for maybe a content strategist…
By all accounts the recent Content Marketing Show held in London in November was a stonking success and demonstrates the growing appetite for content marketing in Europe. Not only did it sell out of its (free) tickets within minutes but quite a few of its 350 or so delegates have been posting their conference thoughts online. As a recruiter in this niche area, we decided to collate as much of the conference wisdom as we could for for both content marketers and potential employers wanting to know more about content marketing.
Presentations & slides
Not all speakers have posted their slides but here are the available ones. There are also plenty of reviews below which pull out the main points from the other talks.
- Building diverse and authoritative inbound links through PR – Chris Lee writes on Influencer relations best practice as a follow up to his workshop.
- Influence by Philip Sheldrake
- Agile content strategy (or how I learned to stop worrying and love the Post-it) by Lauren Pope
- Content Marketing and Narrative by Ian Humphreys
- How To Win At Pooh Sticks by Tom Ewing
- Stories that scale: Big Data + Big Stories by Antony Mayfield
- Evergreen content: the art of recycling resources by Chelsea Blacker
- SMM Not S&M: Taking the Pain Out of Social Media Monitoring by Andy Keetch
- The Great Content Robbery: How to Steal Strategy and Ideas from Print by Simon Penson
- Writing Content That Resonates With Influencers by Matt Roberts
Video & infographics
- Content Marketing Show video review by Yomp TV
- What we learnt from the Content Marketing Show – infographic by Croud
- Content Marketing – Are You in the 62%? [Infographic] by Bluegrass
- Why you don’t need to know what Content Marketing means – a lovely reality check rant about how content marketing is just publishing by another name.
Notes & recaps
Content Marketing Workshops – Key Takeaways
Notes from the two workshops preceding the main event.
- Morning Session Write-up of the #Contentmarketingshow
- Afternoon Session Write-up of the #Contentmarketingshow
- Content Marketing Show 2012 Round Up 1: The Power of Culture & Influence
- Content Marketing Show 2012 Round Up 2: Approaching Content Strategy
- Content Marketing Show 2012 Take-Away
- Notes from 3 Speakers at #ContentMarketingShow – 3doordigital’s notes on Tales from a Content Marketing Rookie, Using content to get Press Coverage and Successful Briefs – the key to getting good content.
- Why an engaging narrative is essential to your content marketing strategy – eConsultancy review Ian Humphrey’s content marketing and narrative session.
- The Great Magazine Heist: Stealing Content from Magazines – A review of Simon Penson’s talk by Bluepost Digital.
- The industry speaks out on why content marketing really matters by Obergine
- Content Marketing Show by Jellyfish
- The Content Marketing Show 2012 Roundup by Zazzle Media
- #ContentMarketingShow – Top Takeaways by Adtrak
- Content Marketing Show: key and actionable takeaways pt 1 by EAOM
- Content Marketing Show 2012 at the Conway Hall with sketches by Expert Market
- The Content Marketing Show by AccuraCast
- CMS roundup #contentmarketingshow by Louise Collins
Thoughts & tips:
- Thoughts from the Content Marketing Show – Loop Central on content for the journey, buyer personas, agile content and content flow.
- #Contentmarketingshow 2012 – Best Bits – Fresh Egg cover 10 points that resonated the most for them.
- How to do Content Marketing – (Almost) Everything you Need to Know – Silicon Beach Training compiled “the best advice from the day into a complete guide to content marketing” covering storytelling stories, use of data and tools, and more.
- The secrets of creating and utilising great content – Three tips on narrative, budget and building relationships from 7thingsmedia.