Add power and customisation to your app in the third and final part of our DIY mobile app-building series.
In this third and final workshop on mobile app-building for beginners and non-coders, we build on what you learned in ‘The basics’ and ‘Data operations’ by starting to bring in more advanced operations using the ViziApps tool.
What you’ll learn
In this third session, you’ll unlock ViziApps features that let you add power and customisation to your app. Some examples include:
- using push notifications to send messages to users
- GPS to create apps that are sensitive to location
- a camera (for example, to take photos of accidents to send back to the insurance company)
Your app is getting about as powerful as it can be without needing a programmer.
- Adding photos
- Push notification
- Using GPS
- Creating a document viewer
- Social media login
- Local storage
How you learn
This online course will be led by a ViziApps-certified trainer/consultant Neil Perlin of Hyper/Word Services, who will show you how bring your own mobile app ideas to life through training in the ViziApps Studio cloud-based authoring tool. Each workshop is held live via video conferencing software across set dates, or as required for in-house training. The workshop features presentations and exercises and lasts seven hours, with breaks. It will take you from novice to basic app developer. Post-workshop support will be also available immediately after the course.
Who is this course for?
This session is suitable for:
- technical communicators and companies wanting to take their user information mobile by using a mobile app
- digital marketers, content professionals and entrepreneurs looking to bring their app ideas to fruition
- beginners with no knowledge of coding who want to understand more about app-building.
Neil is an internationally known consultant, strategist, trainer and developer for online content in formats ranging from online help to mobile.
He is Viziapps Certiﬁed for the Viziapps Studio app development platform and has provided training and consulting for ViziApps since the company’s founding. Neil is also Madcap Certiﬁed for Flare and Mimic and Adobe Certiﬁed for RoboHelp.
He is the author of multiple books, most recently Advanced Features in MadCap Flare 10 and Creating Mobile Apps Without Coding. Neil is also the author of three courses for Lynda.com, on MadCap Flare 11 and 12, and Adobe RoboHelp 2015