Content Strategist, contract. Lund, Sweden or London, UK
Content Strategist, Developer Portal Website
About the client
Our client is a major international player in the semiconductor industry and its products and applications in our daily lives. They have multiple business units to help them grow their business at scale through APIs and/or hardware development kits as well as research, development, and synthesising future technologies.
Firehead are currently searching for a contract content strategist for their team. This role requires someone with strong technical capabilities, strategic thinking, and a sense of self-driven leadership.
You will work in the Technical Marketing and Documentation team, which is part of their wider Developer Program and responsible for the communication and dialogue with business partners and third-party developers. The team manages its own developer-focused support forums, YouTube and Twitter channels.
About the role
You will develop and maintain a content strategy based on the company’s business objectives and customer’s needs for their website and related social medias. You will combine technical writing and online marketing expertise with a solid technical background.
As part of a dynamic team, you will plan and coordinate digital marketing campaigns and content for their different website channels to promote their APIs, tools, and offerings.
You will often be the main point of contact for internal stakeholders, creators and external marketing agencies, while at the same time creating web content, and documentation and marketing assets for a technical audience.
You are a creative yet structured person, who is also curious about new technologies, business-to-business marketing, and the ever-changing environment of the tech industry.
It is important that you have a great technical interest and knowledge in technical areas such as IoT, semiconductors, AI, or similar. You also need to have a strong drive, and not to be afraid of seeking new knowledge yourself inside or outside the company.
Deadlines are often tight, and you must be able to work at a rapid pace, and at the same time be able to make the right priorities.
You should also have a clear user perspective, and always consider how the information is perceived outside-in.
You’ll be in contact with many internal and external interfaces. It is therefore important that you are a communicative and social person who likes and appreciates these contacts.
Job responsibilities :
- Create content and online marketing strategy for a complex technical website, providing direction for content creators in supporting departments (tech writers, engineers, graphical designers and online marketeers).
- Help promoting the website to existing and new internal stakeholders and their customers.
- Set requirements, from a content strategy point-of-view, on the platform infrastructure roadmap.
- Offer guidance in online marketing strategy and developer experience for multiple projects.
- Define and manage usability issues; actively contributing to creating contents for the website and associated social media accounts.
- Contribute to producing marketing collateral such as sell-in deck and tradeshow participation messaging while adhering to corporate branding standards.
About you :
- 5+ years of marketing experience, focused on developer products or developer-facing products, for example APIs, enterprise market places… A bonus if you have experience managing developer partner programmes such as technical writing, information architecture, developer experience, or developer advocacy.
- A track record of leadership in projects that are high profile and significant to the organization.
- Outstanding communication skills, including storytelling and writing.
- Strong search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) skills.
- Interested in, and have knowledge about, IoT, developer tools, AI technologies or similar.
- Experience with social media, digital marketing, and online content creation.
- Knowledge of developer portal UX architecture and usability.
- Ability to lead a cross-functional team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with multiple roles like content creators, engineers, project stake holders, and management.
- Excellent ability to present ideas and results to global stakeholders.
- Fluency in English and excellent presentation skills.
- Able to understand complex information and communicate the information to people with diverse professional backgrounds.
- Service minded, flexible, self-directed, and with a drive to take on responsibility.
- A team player who easily adapts and drives improvements in a positive way.
Firehead is acting as an agency in regard to this position.
To apply, send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.comApply now