Our client, a global company in medical imaging, with R&D and support centres located worldwide, is looking for an experienced contract English technical writer for its newest hardware product in the Paris region. The initial contract will start Jan 2022 and end March 2022. It will be extended if required.
As a member of the Technical Documentation team, your tasks will include:
- Planning and developing hardware documentation for a new product
- Communicating with the hardware team to analyse needs
- Identifying end user needs for products to be documented
- Creating/updating user guides in FrameMaker
- Creating/updating online help in Robohelp
Your audience will be technical product users and similar technically qualified readers. All material must be written with a view to localization.
You must be an EU citizen or hold a regular work permit for France.
You must live in the Paris region during this contract, as you will need to come into the office to work with R&D as needed from time to time. The rest you can do by teleworking.
We require at least three years experience in producing technical documentation for hardware. French is not a requirement for this role, but would be a plus.
In addition, we are looking for someone who:
- Is highly organised
- Has outstanding communication and writing skills in English
- Can work as a member of a global and international team
- Is independent and autonomous
- Can work under pressure, prioritise tasks, and keep to tight deadlines
- Is able to take strong initiative
- Has strong interpersonal and planning skills
- Is able to work both in a team and independently
- Can learn new tools and skills as required
· Experience in the imaging industry would be a definite plus.
What we offer
- An informal, dynamic, and creative environment
- The opportunity to work with a vibrant, international team
- Internal training
If interested, please send your CV and an introductory note to CJ Walker at email@example.com, quoting job reference 05218.
It’s all a bit urgent, as we want to start in January.