Salaried technical author – English-speaking in Germany
Our client, is a leading provider of information design (copywriting and technical writing) and translation services, focusing on the areas of IT, medical technology, automotive, and engineering consulting in Germany.
They are currently seeking a technical author for their team in Stuttgart, who is a fluent English speaker.
You’ll join a team of talented writers who work together with developers, quality engineers, and product owners to create and manage content for various software solutions.
- You’ll create high-quality user assistance, including user interface texts, configuration and installation guides, and getting started videos.
- By working directly with our partners, you’ll develop an in-depth understanding of products and services.
- A wide variety of projects means that you have the opportunity to experience a range of technologies, from machine learning to enterprise resource planning and industry solutions.
- Managing terminology and style is important to make sure that your content “speaks with one voice”.
- You’ll identify gaps in documentation and work together with our partners to resolve them.
- You’ll help to foster a company-wide, knowledge sharing culture.
- You have a university-level qualification in technical communication or another language-related field, or you have a similar professional qualification.
- You’re fluent in English (understanding of German is preferable but not essential).
- You have experience maintaining and creating sets of documentation and other user-assistance deliverables for a global audience.
- You’re willing to explore new technologies, you grasp technical concepts quickly, and you can communicate them clearly.
- You have strong organizational skills and can work independently to establish your own goals and priorities, as well as those of your team.
- You’re continuously looking to improve and optimize your working processes.
Bonus points if:
- You have experience of the software development lifecycle and agile processes.
- You’re familiar with the DITA standard.
In addition, we require:
Strong project management and organisational skills, able to manage multiple online projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
What we offer
- A dynamic company in full growth mode
- Career growth
- Friendly and respectful work environment
- Flat hierarchy and open-door policy
- Supportive and optimistic team that enjoys sharing and earning from each other
- Ongoing training and support
- Attractive remuneration package including travel costs
- Flexible working hours – you can tailor your work life to suit you
- Multicultural team
- Office 365 for your personal use
- Great coffee
Salary depends on experience.
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com with your CV and a covering letter, mentioning job reference FHSAS05209.Apply now