Fresh from the Firehead bookmarks, here is our round-up of recent content strategy posts we’ve enjoyed this month. We’ve also dug into the archives and pulled out our bookmarks on taxonomy and ontology. Enjoy!
A great checklist for anyone who has to process content.
Rahel Bailie has been posting about the different CS deliverables on a project, creating a useful reference for content strategy practitioners.
What are the four critical components that Kristina Halvorson’s agency Brain Traffic considers in every content strategy?
A new question on Quora gets a few suggestions for content strategy must-reads – but do you agree?
Here’s our own recent round-up of content strategy presentations from the world’s leading web festival held annually in March.
Taxonomy and ontology
A lowdown on taxomony as it relates to content management.
On using vocabularies and tags to organise your content within Drupal (an open source content management system). This post also features a how-to video on enabling the vocabulary and tagging/retrieving image content.
How a well-crafted taxonomy can bridge the gap when content management and search falls short.
- CMS Wiki : Taxonomy – Taxonomy defined.
- CMS Wiki : Ontology – Ontology defined.
- A primer on taxonomy – The difference between terms
- Successful content management through taxonomy and metadata design – Slide presentation.
- Ontology-based domain modelling for consistent content change management – Study paper.
- Content management: Towards an ontology for online information systems (PDF) – Study paper.
Read more Firehead links.