Here’s a quick round-up of links from this year’s Tekom trade fair and TCWorld conference, Europe’s biggest tech comm event, which took place in Wiesbaden, Germany, last month.
See the official programme
- TCWorld conference and Tekom trade show program – the conference brochure has been uploaded to Scribd. A great idea to get an overview of the main issues in 2011; with an intro by Professor Jürgen Muthig, President of Tekom.
Reviews and blog notes
- Tekom thoughts – by Sarah O’Keefe, who makes some interesting observations on North America versus Europe in terms of DITA adoption but also on cultural and presentation differences at conferences when attendees are non-native English speakers.
- Annual Meeting of the tekom in Wiesbaden 2011 / tcworld – Alex Regnet’s observations on the cultural rift between German and English style conference presentations. (Google translation to English.)
- tekom11 & tcworld11: Two worlds under one roof by Kai Weber.
- Content strategy day at tcworld11/tekom11 by Kai Weber.
- Auditing Documentation and Processes at tcworld11 by Kai Weber.
- Tech comm meets content strategy, with Ray Gallon – by Kai Weber. Also see our Q&A with Ray Gallon and his work applying content strategy to software developent.
- Tekom 2011 – a Spanish perspective on Tekom from Diego Bartolome, who presented on machine translation.
- CMS migration to the tekom Annual Conference 2011 – by Katthias Thiel. (Google translation to English.)
- Tekom 2011 – Content Strategy – by Marijana Prusina. (Google translation to English).
Slides and presentations
- The economics of information, tekom/tcworld 2011 by Sarak O’Keefe
- Tekom presentation – an amusing captioned photo slideshow of the event by Catherine Picaud.
It’s fairly soon after the conference so feel free to add more presentations, links and conference thoughts into the comments below.
You might also like:
- Interview with a… Software Content Strategist (Ray Gallon)
- David Farbey: Questions every technical writer needs to ask!
- Read more Tech Comms posts on the Firehead blog