The Internet has revolutionised the ability to tell stories and share information about ourselves, our brands, our products and our services. And the results have been both brilliant – and messy.
The discipline of content strategy has risen to help sort and strategise the content. Similarly, new writers and subject matter experts have had to professionalise their writing skills if they want to provide better, more engaging content.
The ability to communicate information clearly and tell stories that speak to your audience matters. It’s not only a powerful addition to a business seeking to connect with their market but it’s a valuable skill for jobseekers working in the field of digital communications.
Whether you’re a marketer, blogger or writer, you might like to check out Shane Barker’s list of 36 content writing tools. It may just give your content creation the boost it needs in 2019. Or at least make the writing process a little smoother.
A variety of different writing tools and apps are reviewed, such as:
- 750 Words – which gamifies your writing to encourage a more regular writing habit
- Cliche Finder – to help keep your copy fresh
- CoSchedule’s Headline Analyzer – for better headlines
- Hemingway Editor – improves readability by shortening sentences and simplifying vocab.
- HubSpot’s Blog Ideas Generator – for inspiration on what to write about
- Unsuck It – remove the business jargon and use easy-to-understand alternatives.
There are 36 tools in all. You can read the full list in 36 of the Best Content Writing Tools for Content Writers.
Image (CC): Pixelcreatures/Pixabay