So you wanna be a technical author? Or perhaps you’ve been assigned to write an instruction guide for one of your company’s products? As a specialist recruiter in digital communication across the northern hemisphere, Firehead has teamed up with a fantastic training provider – Cherryleaf – to offer online career training in a number of key digital recruitment areas, including offering the basics of technical communication.
For aspiring technical writers – or those in need of a tech comm refresher – you’ll find our accredited Technical writer course provides a highly focused and up-to-date induction into the technical communication industry. Through 14 online modules, which you can complete in your own time, you will get a solid understanding of the basics of technical documentation and the skills required to be a successful technical writer.
This is also ISTC-accredited technical writing course so you can be assured that the training modules are of high quality and reflect current best practice. All our e-learning modules contain videos of the trainer with supporting slides and images, as well as exercises and model answers for delegates to complete and review. You’ll also receive a certificate upon successful completion of this course.
Most of all, we aim to deliver fast, easy and affordable online training courses in digital communications.
- Who – for technical authors in need of a refresher; aspiring technical writers; anyone who needs to write an instruction guide.
- What – teaches the basic skills of writing user documentation for technology and primarily software products; developed in conjunction with some of the leading technology companies in the UK.
- How – training is delivered via 14 e-learning modules featuring three-and-a-half hours of presentation content, plus accompanying exercises (seven hours total).
- When – you can log in as soon as you have registered for the course; learning can be spread out to suit your needs.
- How much – £225 plus VAT is the cost of the course (your credit card will convert this to your local currency, roughly US$374 or €285 at the time of posting).
- Why – to update or improve your digital skills and job prospects in tech comm.
Here’s our course page with enrolment info.
More training options
The digital skills gap has employers crying out for the next generation of digital talent, so there’s never been a better time to update your skills or embark on a new career. We think the fastest way to do that is to get some solid training under your belt. To find out more about this course and others we offer, visit the Firehead Training section.