There are many things to celebrate this week at Firehead.
Firstly, this week marks the 10th anniversary of the Firehead blog, which helps support our hiring clients, job candidates and potential employers/contractors through coverage of the field of digital communications, recruitment and training. To celebrate how far we’ve come since we started blogging in the summer of 2009 we are reposting some of our most popular and varied posts over the years.
Read it here: Best of 10 years of the Firehead blog.
Secondly, we have news. Lots of news! The past year has seen big changes in information delivery through trends such as chatbots, AI, conversational content and Information 4.0. At Firehead we’ve expanded our services and developed new areas accordingly, rising to meet the new challenges in recruitment and training that are being created by new technologies in technical communication and digital content.
And so this week, we are announcing the following important news and developments for the company:
- We will be launching a jointly developed course on Writing for machines and humans – because this is the future of communication in the world of Information 4.0.
- Firehead is investing in AI research in partnership with a South African R&D company that is developing a chatbot that will come onto the market later this year.
- We have launched our own chatbot to help you register with Firehead for job applications or to join our database of digital communications talent. We need candidates with good knowledge of taxonomies, ontologies and metadata to fill important roles.
- Firehead is currently working with several European universities to develop their curricula in future trends in techcomm to help their students be prepared for the future workplace.
- CJ Walker, Firehead’s founder, has been elected to the board of the Information 4.0 Consortium.
- She will also be giving an interview to the Society for Technical Communication (STC) in July about trends in the industry.
We invite you to join us on our journey, as we add more training courses and services to our core offering in digital communications recruitment.
Thank you as ever for your custom, readership and support.
CJ Walker and the Firehead Team
Image (CC) adapted from Clker-Free-Vector-Images / Pixabay